We have been collecting moving tips and tricks for years and would like to share some tips to save money and have a stress-free move!
• Any toiletries you may need
• Snacks, coffee, and tea
• Garbage bags
• Change of clothes
• Dish soap and sponges
• Pet food and dish
• Mugs, plates, and cutlery
• Important papers, such as receipts, banking information, or tax slips
For those looking to do the packing themselves, here are a few helpful tips:
• Notify all pertinent government agencies, banks, creditors, gas, water, telephone, cable, and internet providers of your move. Doing this before your next billing date will prevent important documents from being lost in the mail, as well as minimize the disruption in your services.
• Defrost and clean fridge(s) prior to moving day, and minimize the amount of perishable food you pack, as it can attract a whole zoo of creatures you likely want to avoid in your new home.
• Empty fuel from lawnmower, power tools, kerosene lamps, and barbecue.
• Plan the placement of furniture or equipment in your new location so our movers can accommodate you.
• Paint or Paint thinner
• Aerosol cans
• Cleaning fluid
• Propane tanks
• Corrosive liquids